I'm super excited to have a blog where you can read my opinions and recommendations for books. Tell me what you think! You can leave comments here, or email me at rtierney@bostonma.gov. Either way, I'll respond back to you soon!





Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Another Classic Down!

I finally finished East of Eden by John Steinbeck. Good Lord, it took me forever! I managed to lose it under my bed for about a week. Then I found it, but left it at work with like 10 pages left to read. Yikes! I thought I would never finish it. So, long story short, John Steinbeck; you are a genius. I mean really. A 600 page, epic novel about two families, spanning two centuries that managed to stay interesting. Well done indeed. Now I want to see the movie adaptation, starring James Dean and Julie Harris.



Sidebar...I had a moment of panic yesterday. The Middle School Book Club is meeting this Thursday (2/17) and we are discussing The Watsons go to Birmingham-1963 by Christopher Paul Curtis. Guess who hasn't read it yet? Yup. That would be me. So, I checked it out last night, and I am on a mission. I've heard that it's a great book and a perfect read for Black History Month. So Hunted has been put on the back burner. Sorry House of Night!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The movie is awesome, just as good as the book! They don't call it a classic for nothing!