I'm super excited to have a blog where you can read my opinions and recommendations for books. Tell me what you think! You can leave comments here, or email me at rtierney@bostonma.gov. Either way, I'll respond back to you soon!





Monday, March 7, 2011

Mysteriously Hunted

Alright, here we go. House of Night, Book 5; done. This series is slowly killing me. I really like the story & the plot, but I hate the way it's written. I almost never listen to the audio version of a book before reading it at least once, but in this case, I think I'll make the exception. There are three more books left in the series, and I don't think I want to waste valuable reading time on them, but I would like to see how it all wraps up.


Speaking of audibooks, I just finished listening to Honey, Baby, Sweetheart by Deb Caletti. I had read it a few years ago, loved it, and I always recommend it to people. So, upon "rereading" it, do I still love it? I do. I still think it's a really good story, I especially love the multi-generational characters and their interactions with each other. I think that's the real heart and strength of the story. Ruby's relationship with Travis is portrayed very realistically, and she's definitely a character that you can identify with. The only real flaw is the possibility that parts of the book will quickly become dated, without the use of cellphones, texting and social networking. However, this can be quite refreshing. I still highly recommend this book!


And the mystery. I just started The Mysterious Edge of the Heroic World by E.L. Konigsburg. I love, love, love E.L. Konigsburg, and I'm intrigued by the title, so I'm super-psyched to read this book. 

No comments: