I'm super excited to have a blog where you can read my opinions and recommendations for books. Tell me what you think! You can leave comments here, or email me at rtierney@bostonma.gov. Either way, I'll respond back to you soon!





Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Finally!


I feel like I've been reading this book forever, but I finally finished The Snakehead: An Epic Tale of the Chinatown Underworld and the American Dream by Patrick Radden Keefe. So fascinating. Really. And, the fact that the events portrayed in this book are current adds to the level of immediacy and interest. (Well, relatively current, most of the events in the book happen in the 1990's, and are carried through almost up until present day.) This book touches upon culture, greed, history, immigration (legal & illegal), smuggling (mostly human!) and more. Anyone with an interest in History and/or Current Events would enjoy this book. It leaves the reader with a lot of heavy questions, much to think about and no easy answers.  

1 comment:

Erin said...

What about Chime? :P