I'm super excited to have a blog where you can read my opinions and recommendations for books. Tell me what you think! You can leave comments here, or email me at rtierney@bostonma.gov. Either way, I'll respond back to you soon!





Thursday, May 26, 2011

Slow and Steady...

...wins the Race, right? Right? Yikes, talk about slow & steady and you've described my reading style this week. I feel like I'm stuck in a rut. I'm in the middle of 2 great books, and so close to being done with one of them, but I just can't wrap it up. I could blame it on my obsession with Gilmore Girls Season 7, or Criminal Minds Season 5, or the fact that I can't read at work. I know, I know. You think, "Oh, but you work in a library, you must read all day." I wish blogs had a laugh track, because I would cue it up right here. Sorry friends, nothing could be further from the truth. No reading time at work, but still, that's no excuse. I just need to go home & dedicate a few hours to these books & be done with it. So, what books, you ask? Well, the one I'm almost done with is The Snakehead: An Epic Tale of the Chinatown Underworld and the American Dream by Patrick Radden Keefe, and the one I'm smack dab in the middle of is Chime by Franny Billingsley. The worst/best part? I'm really liking both of them. They're not even the kind of books that I have to force myself to read. They are both fascinating and well-written. So, no more excuses. Memorial Day Weekend is almost upon us, and I have issued myself a challenge. I will have both of these books read by Tuesday. Stay tuned for my reviews and have a great holiday weekend!

No comments: