I'm super excited to have a blog where you can read my opinions and recommendations for books. Tell me what you think! You can leave comments here, or email me at rtierney@bostonma.gov. Either way, I'll respond back to you soon!





Thursday, May 5, 2011

Sweet Valley What??

Apparently, sometimes it's best to let the past stay in the past. When I was younger I loved the Sweet Valley High Series. I'm sure this comes to no surprise to those of you who have read my postings in the past. Sadly, I'm a pretty predictable reader. Well, maybe I've matured (highly unlikely) but my 32-year old self was pretty disappointed in Sweet Valley Confidential: Ten Years Later by Francine Pascal. To be fair though, it's been years since I read a Sweet Valley book, and I did polish off this book in about 3-4 hours. As much as it was killing me, I couldn't put it down! What disappointed me the most (besides the writing, painful at times) was the people my Sweet Valley High friends had become. Not pretty. I won't go into too much detail, I don't want to give everything away, but Francine, did you have to make everyone & their lives so horrible? To sum it up...don't read this unless you must.


No comments: