I'm super excited to have a blog where you can read my opinions and recommendations for books. Tell me what you think! You can leave comments here, or email me at rtierney@bostonma.gov. Either way, I'll respond back to you soon!





Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Greatest Job in the World

So...let's talk for a minute about how much I love my job. Last week, I got to attend an author panel at Cambridge Public Library, "Diversity in Young Adult Literature", and it was considered work! This national tour of authors, which was spearheaded by Cindy Pon and Malinda Lo, traveled around the country, and featured local and guest YA authors. So, last week, I got to listen to (and meet!!) Cindy Pon, Malinda Lo, Holly Black, Sarah Rees Brennan, Deva Fagan and Francisco X. Stork. And can I tell you, what an amazing experience. It was slightly overwhelming however, now I want to read all of their books ASAP. So, I just have to give a shout-out to YA Literature & YA Authors. You make me proud to be a YA Librarian!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all your enthusiasm, Reba. You are doing a great job!
Regards,
Betsy (your boss)

Anonymous said...

Ditto!
Kara (your co-worker)