I'm super excited to have a blog where you can read my opinions and recommendations for books. Tell me what you think! You can leave comments here, or email me at rtierney@bostonma.gov. Either way, I'll respond back to you soon!





Friday, July 8, 2011

The Graduation Situation

Who doesn't love a good Graduation movie like American Pie, Can't Hardly Wait and I Love You Beth Cooper? Well, did you know I Love You Beth Cooper* was based on a book by Larry Doyle? Awhile back my friend Scott told me I needed to read it, and about a year later, mission accomplished! I had actually already seen the movie, so I kind of knew what to expect. The artwork and quotes at the beginning of each chapter alone justify reading this book. The illustrations are hilariously progressive as they chronicle the misadventures of the main character, Denis Cooverman. Denis is the definition of a nerd, and uses his Valedictorian speech to declare his love for the beautiful, unattainable Beth Cooper. The fallout from this confession is as crazy as it is unexpected, especially when Beth's older boyfriend takes exception to Denis's declaration of love. Will the class geek end up with the head cheerleader? Read this book & find out!


*I will caution that this is definitely a book for older readers. There is a lot of explicit language, some violence and underage drinking.

No comments: