I'm super excited to have a blog where you can read my opinions and recommendations for books. Tell me what you think! You can leave comments here, or email me at rtierney@bostonma.gov. Either way, I'll respond back to you soon!





Tuesday, July 12, 2011

More Manga!!

I can't believe it myself. Not only did I read Fruits Basket Volume I, I really liked it! I'm on a roll! Bursting my bubble a little? One of my Teen Advisory Group Members Molly told me that I had to keep reading. She said I couldn't just read one or two. Hm, and here I was, so proud of myself. That's OK though. Per Molly's advice (she's pretty smart, so I figure I should listen to her) I just checked out Volume 3. I will be totally honest though; sometimes, I'm still a little confused about what is going on in these books. There are times when I have to go back and reread something. It's all good though, I think the more I read, the easier it gets. And, I like that there are only 23 Volumes in Fruits Basket, and there is an end goal in sight. It's the open ended series that make me a little more nervous (I'm talking to you One Piece!).

Sidebar to all this Manga talk? Tomorrow @ 6:30pm, the Anime/Manga group meets in the Logan Auditorium. For the summer meetings, both kids & teen clubs will meet together. See you there!

No comments: