I'm super excited to have a blog where you can read my opinions and recommendations for books. Tell me what you think! You can leave comments here, or email me at rtierney@bostonma.gov. Either way, I'll respond back to you soon!





Thursday, July 28, 2011

Vintage Dessen

Ah, Sarah. How do I love thee? Let me count thy books! Sarah Dessen is one of my favorite Young Adult authors, and she doesn't disappoint with her new novel, Whatever Happened to Goodbye. McLean and her Dad have moved four times in the past two years, and in each town, McLean has tried out a new personality. From drama queen to cheerleader cool, she slips on new identities, leaving before anyone can get too close, or she can get too comfortable. But what happens when they land in Lakeview and McLean tries being herself? As always, Dessen peppers her book with a colorful cast of characters and friends that support the story along with the main characters. If you've never read Sarah Dessen, this isn't a bad place to start. If you're a Dessen fan, than you're in for a treat.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is the first Sarah Dessen book I've read and I really liked it! I couldn't stop reading it! I can't wait to read more!