I'm super excited to have a blog where you can read my opinions and recommendations for books. Tell me what you think! You can leave comments here, or email me at rtierney@bostonma.gov. Either way, I'll respond back to you soon!





Thursday, August 11, 2011

Shifting Gears

So, I finally tackled the book Shift by Jennifer Bradbury. This has been on my radar for a few years. In fact, I actually started the first chapter like 2 years ago. I know, craziness. So, what took me so long to finally read the whole thing? Who knows, but I'm glad that I did. This book is definitely a "boy" book. The main protagonist Chris has just started college when the FBI shows up, wanting to know what happened to his friend Win. Chris & Win had taken the summer to ride their bikes Cross Country, but got into a fight towards the end of the trip and separated. Chris assumed Win made it back, but it looks like he was wrong. So what really happened to Win and does Chris know more than he's letting on? This book is part mystery, part coming-of-age novel, and just plain good. Read it!

No comments: