I'm super excited to have a blog where you can read my opinions and recommendations for books. Tell me what you think! You can leave comments here, or email me at rtierney@bostonma.gov. Either way, I'll respond back to you soon!





Tuesday, April 12, 2011

...In the Middle...

Once again...too many books, too little time. I've started A long way gone: memoirs of a boy soldier by Ishmael Beah. This book has been on my radar for a very long time, and I have to thank one of my students, Cameron for finally getting me to read it. He needs to read it for a class, so we made a deal that we would read it at the same time. It's a very moving, intense book, and is making me very thankful for everything that I have.

I've also started Entice by Carrie Jones. It's the third and final book in the Need Trilogy.

In my queue....I currently have these books either checked out or on hold. Thank God vacation is next week! Trapped by Michael Northrop, Chime by Franny Billingsley, When the Game was Ours by Larry Bird and Magic Johnson, Dark Tide: The Great Boston Molasses Flood by Stephen Puleo, The Creative Collection of American Short Stories, Gentlemen by Michael Northrop and Bleeding Violet by Dia Reeves. Yikes! Let's see how long it takes me to read them all!

No comments: