I'm super excited to have a blog where you can read my opinions and recommendations for books. Tell me what you think! You can leave comments here, or email me at rtierney@bostonma.gov. Either way, I'll respond back to you soon!





Saturday, April 30, 2011

Loved the book...

...but hated the ending! I just finished Trapped by Michael Northrop. If you got deja vu reading that sentence, it might be because Gentlemen, the book I just reviewed was also written by Michael Northrop.


I usually like to space out books by the same author, but that just didn't happen this time. Regardless, I liked this book more than Gentlemen, but I felt so cheated by the ending. The premise of this book is that seven students get trapped in their High School when a Nor'easter of unprecedented strength blows through their town. This book is taut and suspenseful, but I feel like the author could have done so much more with the story, plot and characters. Maybe sparseness is just his style. Hm. Actually having to use my imagination to fill in the gaps :) say it ain't so! I think the book could have been twice the length, easy. Despite these flaws, I would still recommend this novel. It would be a great choice for a book club, there is so much to debate and discuss.                           

No comments: